Here is a guide to getting started with Tesla data, including details about the current market regions, API pricing and available datapoints.
Available data points
You can find a breakdown of all available data points in the Auto API availability for Tesla table.
Tesla data is available through our API to all customers. As the official data framework was just recently introduced by Tesla, there are a few known topics to be aware of:
- Data refresh rate is limited to every 5 minutes per vehicle. High frquency streaming is being developed.
- Consent can be given with normal Tesla accounts. Support for Tesla business accounts is coming soon.
- The amount of data points will be expanded greatly. If you are missing any specific data point in our API, please let us know.
- Remote commands are introduced gradually in 2024.
- Pricing updates are expected in the beginning of 2024.
Tesla data is supported for all Tesla models. There are specific firmware version requirements when it comes to remote commands and high-frequency data streaming, which we will publish once this type of functionality is available in our platform.
Tesla owners in Europe and North America can grant 3rd-party access to vehicle data via us. Currently we allow fleet owners to share data via us, and we are introducing support for individual drivers soon.
You can find a breakdown of all available data points in the Auto API availability for Tesla table. Each request returns a timestamp with each data point; it indicates the moment the data was transferred from the vehicle.
Before using the Fleet Clearance API to activate data access, each fleet owner has to grant consent to High Mobility using a workflow provided by Tesla. This consent only has to be done once for the entire fleet.
- Create a live app container in our console
- Select your datapoints and submit it for review
- Get in touch with our support team, who will provide you a specific URL for your App ID. This URL can be sent to any of your fleet customers to provide the consent.
Once the vehicle owner reaches the Tesla owner portal, the following steps are taken:
- Login with Tesla ID
- Review of the permissions to be granted
- Consent to the data sharing
Following these steps, the vehicle owner is shown a success screen and you can activate any of the vehicles in that account using our Fleet Clearance API.